Welcome to iaam.com and the next generation of interactive multimedia! iaam.com provides young adults essential life-skill information on financial, professional, health, and lifestyle topics. iaam.com is owned and operated by LELA Media, Inc.
Please read carefully: These Terms and Conditions of Use constitute a legal contract (“Agreement”) between you and LELA Media, Inc. that governs your use of iaam.com and the services provided, including but not limited to contests, interactive games, articles, forums, blogs, and the iaam online magazine (collectively, the “Services”).
Users must agree categorically to the Terms and Conditions of Use by selecting the box on the registration screen. By selecting the box confirming that you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use, by registering for use of the Services, or by using the Services, users agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not access the Services.
- CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
LELA Media, Inc. reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify, add, delete, or otherwise change portions of this Agreement at any time without prior notice. Any and all changes made to this Agreement will be posted at the very top of this page and indicate the effective date of said changes. Your continued use of iaam.com subsequent to any changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Agreement. You are responsible to regularly review this Agreement so you are aware of updates.
As a user of iaam.com you agree to follow all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. You should provide accurate and complete information in the registration process. You are responsible for keeping your password secure, and you are solely responsible for all submissions using your user name and password. You agree to the following rules:
- You will not submit, publish, or distribute anything that is intentionally harmful, obscene, threatening, harassing, pornographic, unlawful, libelous, profane, defamatory, infringing, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. LELA Media, Inc. has the right to determine what is objectionable and remove such material and information promptly without notification.
- You will not utilize iaam.com in any way to create, advertise, transmit, broadcast, disseminate, or distribute any kind of malicious or fraudulent software or multimedia content, including but not limited to spam, spyware, adware, phishing schemes or scams, and viruses. You will not utilize iaam.com in any way to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of such solicitation, whether in electronic or print form.
- Except for personal uses that do not violate the preceding, you will not harvest or gather email addresses or any other contact information of iaam.com members, including usernames, by electronic or any other means.
- LELA Media, Inc. reserves the right to remove, edit, deactivate, or suspend any and all use of Services for any reason and without prior notice.
- You will not submit, publish, or distribute anything that violates the copyright, patent, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You will not post third-party intellectual property, including but not limited to copyrighted works, or links thereto, except as expressly authorized by the copyright holder.
- You will not use, copy, or distribute any content associated with the Services, including submissions of third parties or other members, for any commercial purposes, including but not limited to business solicitations.
- You will not impersonate another identifiable person. You will not use another person’s username and/or password without their ongoing consent.
- You will not disable, disrupt, avoid, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with security and/or copyright-protection features of iaam.com. You will not disable, disrupt, avoid, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with features that prevent or restrict use or copying of or enforce limitations on the use of any content.
- You will not use any device, software, or strategy to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any component of the Services or of iaam.com in general.
- You will not attempt to copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising the Services or iaam.com in general.
- You will not delete, edit, or modify any material submitted or posted to the Services by another person or entity, including but not limited to altering bandwidth.
- Links to third party and advertiser websites, provided for convenience or by contract, are not necessarily controlled or monitored by LELA Media, Inc. Linked websites are typically subject to their own Terms and Conditions of Use independent of those of iaam.com. You agree not to hold LELA Media, Inc. liable for any problems you may encounter in visiting or interacting with linked or unlinked third-party or advertiser web sites, including problems associated with their Terms and Conditions of Use or analogous terms and/or conditions.
- You agree not to submit, link, post, or otherwise reference sources of illegal or unlicensed content to or through the Services. Such content and links thereto may be immediately removed and the offender subject to warning, account suspension, or account deactivation, at the sole discretion of LELA Media.
- You accept sole responsibility for backing-up any and all content you submit to the Services. LELA Media will not be liable for lost content in the event of loss, theft, corruption, or interruption of any kind.
- You agree not to hold LELA Media, Inc. liable for any consequences of submission to, participation in, judging or monitoring of, or any involvement with the Services, including use of your name, photo or likeness, hometown, and/or other submitted personal details in contest and other service announcements and derived marketing campaigns.
- Neither acceptance nor selection as a winning or featured submission can be interpreted as an endorsement by LELA Media, Inc. of the submission or any part, opinion, recommendation, advice, ramification, or implication therein. LELA Media, Inc. expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with submissions.
- You agree to the right and authority of LELA Media to audit your iaam.com account, at its sole discretion and without prior notification, in order to investigate any violations or potential violations of this Agreement.
- Intellectual Property Rights
All materials displayed or used on iaam.com, or residing on associated server(s), including, without limitation, software, designs, texts, images, photographs, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, artwork, logos, graphic material, animations, and other copyrightable elements, and the selection and arrangements thereof, and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, and associated patents, are the property of LELA Media, Inc. Use of any aforementioned iaam.com materials on any other website or networked computer environment without the express written consent of LELA Media is prohibited. You are only permitted to copy and/or display iaam.com materials for non-commercial purposes using non-networked or offline applications or devices.
- User and Member Submissions
For the purposes of this Agreement users and members with usernames and passwords under which material is submitted to iaam.com are referred to as “Providers.”
- Providers grant LELA Media, Inc. a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide license to use, display, perform, copy, edit, modify, distribute, and incorporate into derivative or compiled works any and all elements of the submissions.
- Providers grant LELA Media, Inc. the right to use the Provider’s name, photo or likeness, hometown, and/or other submitted personal details in connection with promoting or advertising Services or any adaptation thereof.
- Providers of winning or featured submissions further grant LELA Media, Inc. full, royalty-free ownership throughout the world of all rights, titles, and interests, including all copyrights, and renewals and extensions thereof, in and to any and all elements of the submissions. Said titles can be sold or otherwise transferred at the discretion of LELA Media. LELA Media has the right to register copyright to any and all elements of the Services, which may include winning or featured submissions, whether separately or as part of an issue in which any or all elements of the Services are incorporated.
- Providers grant other users and members a non-exclusive license to view or access submissions as required to review, judge, or generally experience the website iaam.com.
- Providers warrant that they are an authorized assignee of all rights in and to the submissions at the time of submission, that they have not previously assigned any rights in or to the submissions, that the submissions are original, that the submissions have not been published or accepted for publication elsewhere, and that the submissions do not infringe on any copyright or other rights of any third party.
- Providers warrant that they have the consent or permission of each and every identifiable person with a legitimate claim of ownership or authorship to the submission.
- Providers maintain the right to use all or part of the submissions in non-commercial compilations or publications, including the Provider’s personal internet site(s), and to make copies of any or all elements of the submissions for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes.
If you are a rightful copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any submission to iaam.com infringes your copyright, you may submit a copyright infringement notification to follow the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Please provide LELA Media with the following information in writing:
- Your name, address, phone number, and email address
- A written statement that you have identified a submission on the iaam.com website that infringes your or your client’s copyright;
- A description of the copyrighted work and the way you believe it has been infringed;
- A description of where the indicted material is located on the iaam.com website;
- Contact details that you authorize LELA Media to provide to the alleged infringing party so that they might contact you directly to resolve the claim;
- A statement of your good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner or its agent;
- A statement that under penalty of perjury, the information in the infringement notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or an authorized agent;
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or assignee.
Only DMCA notifications including all of the information identified above will be accepted. Please send the infringement notification to Copyright@iaam.com.
You are aware that when viewing or using iaam.com you will be exposed to submissions and content from a variety of sources, and that LELA Media is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, tastefulness, safety, propriety, or intellectual-property rights of or relating to said submissions and content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have against LELA Media with respect to such submissions, and indemnify and hold LELA Media harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of iaam.com.
Your use of the Services, the iaam.com website in general, and any material, information, or software provided in connection with iaam.com is provided to you on an “as is, as available” basis and without warranty of any kind. No warranties, express or implied, are made with respect to this site, service, and software, including, without limitation, any warranty of title, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Under no circumstances shall LELA Media, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, or their respective owners, officers, managers, members, agents, employees, or shareholders be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, including for any deficiency, error, or interruption in the services provided hereunder, or any general, special, or incidental damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this site, services, or software. This includes, but is not limited to lost income, lost profits, lost savings, loss of data, data being rendered inaccurate, failure of service, or the inability to use a computer, whether arising out of tort, contract, or otherwise, even if LELA Media has been informed and so advised of the possibility of such damages. Your sole remedy in the event of any loss, deficiency, or error shall be to request that LELA Media correct the matter, or you may discontinue use of the service.
To the extent that any part of this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.